Monday, December 21, 2009

He is a Good Farmer but just Lacking 1 Thing - Conscience


I'll be the first to say Cox is neat and grows successfully. God knows I applaud green technologies and being organic. I run an organic vineyard myself!


My problem is with my life being damaged by others' righteousness, divinely and blessedly spoiling other peoples lives for their own profit; be it for fear of who is bossing them, for their lack of education or through plain self-chosen stupidity. Year after year after year.


I moved away from my home, of over 20 years, to get away from the stench, gases, insects, mice, rats, and full food chain for three years, commuting 200 miles over the Rockies every week to farm. I had to move far enough away for a big big bumper zone for my safety, health, sanity and for everyone else's sake. How angry would you be if your home was spoiled by a blanket of stench from a neighbor and lost all its value; at the worst time in our country's economy? When there is no longer any back up left. It has made me desperate, fearful and the worst feeling of all - futile. As if someone (??) were enervating my soul, slowly killing me, my life and life's work.

All because Cox has [allegedly] sold out; bought into someones dream and become the cliche assistant Igor to Count Talbott. Who else could parade in the shadow of the valleys of shit mountains, breathing in bad gases with flies buzzing around as an aura. I heard the rumors, Cox can't stand up to Harry. Who can - Harry is a master miser who is too cheap to utilize his intelligence anymore and is preserved by sour grapes. John made a deal with a devilish scrooge and didn't see the eternal cost and is more bluffing than blustering. And I see Mr. Talbott is an unoriginal despot and a proud hypocrite who I lost all respect for.



Enclosed is a letter to the newspaper/county commissioners etc. they would never print or act upon:

To County Commissioners:
Being in Janet Rowland's district, and possibly Craig Meis's agenda, we, neighbors on East Orchard Mesa, are asking for help. This problem encompasses a large radius of victims, but the immediate neighbors are the concern of this letter.
An elderly senior citizen, Mrs. Eileene Johnson (80+), her caretaker Daryl Wamego, and their neighbor, vineyard owner Karen DiJulio, have been facing an endless impenetrable harassment by two large orchard owners. The county has always watched how the Talbot cidery ridded itself of its constant refuse left over after processing in the mill. Now Talbot has no more issues with their neighbors. That is because all the refuse of the mill is being trucked in all day all month for months 50 feet off of two single women's residents. Throughout the fall of 2005 a two-story mountain of rotting fruit and manure mix, many hundreds of yards long, was left to rot and stink - incredibly - all winter and spring. Every few weeks they would move the hills around making anew the pungent reeking stink with a cloudy waft of mold. Ms. DiJulio had to leave her home of 22 years due to the stench and actual taste that permeated the air inside and out, by mid January 2006. The neighbor, John Cox, who is 'composting' these mountains did not start to spread any of it until late spring. Slowly the mountain lessened, but never went away. All summer it still stunk, it comes out most strongly at nightfall, and the pile remained substantial throughout the summer and fall, until now - because they are back dumping Talbots waste for a month already. The trucks alone on this small private dirt road is too much. I stopped into Mrs. Johnson's house to check on her and it was hazy inside, I couldn't stop coughing from the dust in her house, and felt the grit between my teeth. Mrs. Johnson and her caretaker's health has been disintegrating as the DiJulio's. Excess hay-fever, sinus headaches, swollen nostrils, burning eyes, anxiety, depression, lethargy are only a few of our physical ailments. The rodents, fat shiny mice by the hundreds, and new! field rats in our homes endlessly. Snakes follow the rodents into our homes. And insects. The huge families of skunks that follow the bugs all attracted by the stink piles, and raccoons, coyote, and HUGE bear tracks all around my house! I go out all night long in the dark switching hoses and irrigating, and am in fear for my life.
What I am stating, is that two older women being forced out of their homes for the gain by the good-old-boy neighbors needing more land, the best wine grapes, and full water rights - while killing the sale price to be able to buy it for pennies on the dollar! Is the Talbot family a patriarchy or a despot?
Can anyone help us? We are looking at spending another year of sickening nonexistence. For now on it seems. They are planning to do this every year, as the Talbots told me. After an ugly altercation this offending neighbor moved the rotted fruit refuse a few hundred feet back, out of the more obvious sight, but no less smelling. Especially because a mountain of *hit is still directly across from us. I have been photographing the after-dark, late night dumping from the Talbot Mill in huge triple sized commercial carriers. This nuisance abomination leaves my neighbors property and drifts blanketing our lands and that must be illegal - if nothing else.
If not for me, Mrs. Johnson has been a good woman her whole life and was terrorized out of her home when her husband died and took seven years to come back, with her caretaker, and I am so afraid she will die. People will do alot to get their hands on prime EOM real estate.
Thank you for your time, I am hoping to hear from anyone. We are getting a petition going, but that is taking some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment